New Enrolment Initiative for Year 7, 2025 -Specialist Placement Program
We are excited to announce an initiative that Kennedy Baptist College will implement for the 2025, Year 7 enrolments. As part of our commitment to provide exceptional opportunities to prospective students, we are introducing an additional enrolment priority to grant access to the College’s Specialist Programs. These programs include Academic Extension (KEEP), Basketball, and Cricket.
The enrolment priority order will be as follows:
- Siblings of enrolled students
- Children of staff members
- Specialist Placement Programs (new addition)
- Date of registration
Advancing Registration Opportunity
We are offering waitlisted students an opportunity to advance their registration on the second round offers list. Students will need to complete an application to commence this process, noting only a limited number of places are available.
The Specialist Placement Programs priority is limited to a maximum of:
- Cricket Program – up to 2 places.
- Basketball Program – up to 2 places.
- Kennedy Enrichment Extension Program (KEEP) – up to 2 places.
Parents/guardians must ensure they apply for their child in the correct intake year or contact the Registrar for clarification.
- Application Period: Term 1, 2024
- Testing & Trials: Term 2, 2024
- Outcome Communication: Term 3, 2024
The application process involves the following four stages:
- Stage 1: Application
- Stage 2: Testing and Trial
- Stage 3: Specialist Placement Interview
- Stage 4: Offer of specialist placement
Read more on the application process here.
To be considered for Specialist placement, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Excellent Personal Character that reflects the College values of faith, service, boldness, integrity, and growth.
This may be demonstrated through the interview processes and references from previous schools, sports clubs, or other individuals.
- Outstanding Ability, evaluated through current academic results or KEEP testing results(upon completion), sports trial results (upon completion), and external academic/sports achievements, such as national/state competitions or state sports club representation.
- Future Potential and the ability to continually improve/develop: Demonstrated commitment to the program, sustained academic achievement, and ongoing improvement.
- Students are expected to remain in the College until successful completion of Year 12.
- Academic success is a priority; students must maintain a C grade average or better.
- Punctuality and attendance are mandatory, with at least a 90% attendance record required.
- No transfers between programs are allowed.
- Exemplary conduct is expected, with a limit of 10 demerits and no more than two (2) send-outs.
If your child is offered a Specialist Placement on the waitlist, you must respond in one of two ways:
- Accept the offer. This means the applicant is committed to enrolling at the College for 2025. Those who accept the offer are bound to the enrolment process deadlines as communicated by the Registrar.
Applicants who do not enrol by the deadline will be marked as withdrawn.
- Decline the offer. Those who decline their offer will be considered withdrawn from the Specialist Placement process.
A Specialist Placement is a priority position on our waitlist for enrolment and is not a guarantee that your child will be enrolled at the College. Once you have accepted the offer of Specialist Placement on our waitlist, the registrar will inform you if an enrolment interview is available. This interview is part of our enrolment process which includes a formal offer of an enrolment place and the payment of an enrolment deposit. For further details, please see our enrolment page on our website.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact the Enrolment Team at email@example.com.
Thank you for considering Kennedy College as the next step in your educational journey. We look forward to welcoming prospective students to our Specialist Programs in 2025.